Rowcroft Hospice hosts its popular annual Garden Party on Sunday 9 June, and this year’s programme is as packed as ever. Alongside on-stage entertainment, live music and a selection of craft stalls, there will be a bevy of food and drinks options, including a mobile gin palace, BBQ and Mr Frosty’s Ice Cream Truck.
The Garden Party is a hugely popular event in Rowcroft’s summer diary and is an opportunity for South Devon residents to explore the hospice’s stunning grounds. This family fun atmosphere is the perfect way to spend a summer’s afternoon whilst helping to raise vital funds to support the care for over 2,000 local people.
Gates open at 12pm at the Rowcroft estate, just off Avenue Road in Torquay. Visitors can park for free at Torquay Boys Grammar School, with a FREE shuttle service to and from Rowcroft, kindly provided by sponsors Stagecoach South West.
Rowcroft Events Manager, Stewart Molyneux, said, “2019 has already been a very exciting year for Rowcroft events, with almost 500 people taking part in our first ever’ Male Trail’ in March, over £6,500 raised in the recent ‘Jail or Bail’ and a bumper SleepWalk coming up in July.
“Our Garden Party is a traditional summer fete themed event, with something for everyone – from fun summer activities to handmade crafts, children’s entertainment to gin cocktails – or guests can simply enjoy a relaxing walk in stunning surroundings. You may even spot the occasional fairy-tale character!”
The jam-packed schedule of events includes:
• Live music and entertainment will be provided by Dartington Morris Men, the Rowcroft Hospice Choir, Odds ‘n’ Ends swing band and more musical delights.
• Rowcroft volunteer of 11 years, Simon Wallace, will be bringing his Select Soccer team to bring some fast-paced football fun to the field.
• Massage therapies with Rowcroft Complementary Therapy team and Riviera Wellbeing.
• Face painting and costume entertainment will be provided by Just4Kids Parties
• Stalls including bric-a-brac, crafts and handmade gifts.
• Sense Abilities are joining the team to bring colour and light with a variety of sensory activities.
• Tombola and raffle to win fantastic prizes, donated by a variety of local individuals and organisations.
• Food and drink provided by West Coast Catering, G-bar, The BBQ Crew and Mr Frosty’s Ice Cream Truck.
• Tea, coffee and cake on sale through the Friends of Rowcroft
Mark Hawkins, Rowcroft CEO, added: “The Garden Party is an amazing way to celebrate the specialist palliative care we provide across South Devon, which is only possible due to the support of our generous community. We want to welcome everyone to the special event and I hope you have a wonderful time soaking up the exciting atmosphere. We hope you continue to support us to ensure we can make every moment the best it can be for patients, and their families, for generations to come. I look forward to welcoming you.”
Adult entry to the party costs £2 in advance from the Rowcroft website or £4 on the door on the day. Under-16s go free.
For full event information visit www.rowcrofthospice.org.uk/garden-party